940 Springdale Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Designed by noted architect Neel Reid in 1918, Rest Haven was built for William Candler, youngest son of Coca-Cola founder Asa Candler. Set on two sprawling acres and completely surrounded by mature landscape, this home offers valuable privacy and a remarkable opportunity for the discerning buyer. Thoughtfully renovated to incorporate today’s modern amenities while carefully preserving the history and historic character, this home boasts 12’ ceilings on the main, generous formal living and dining spaces for entertaininga separate and private side porch off the dining room, a large, open kitchen family room with abundant natural light a fireside den and an additional, fireside office off the family room. Up the grand staircase to an additional, sitting area, a generous owner's suite and three additional bedrooms and full baths. The three-car carriage house hosts a large entertaining and living space along with a private porch, bedroom and full bath. Beautifully situated in the neighborhood with easy access to Emory and the Druid Hills Golf Club, Rest Haven is a special piece of history that is not to be missed.
- MLS #6810042
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionOversized Master
- RoomsBonus Room, Computer Room, Family Room, Living Room, Office, Sun Room
- BasementExterior Entry, Interior Entry, Partial
- FeaturesHigh Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Lower, High Ceilings 9 ft Upper, Entrance Foyer
- KitchenBreakfast Bar, Cabinets Stain, Solid Surface Counters, Eat-in Kitchen, Kitchen Island, Pantry Walk-In, View to Family Room
- AppliancesDouble Oven, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Gas Range, Microwave, Self Cleaning Oven
- HVACCentral Air
- ConstructionBrick 4 Sides
- Built In1918
- StoriesThree Or More
- ParkingGarage Door Opener, Garage
- FeaturesGarden, Private Yard, Rear Stairs
- ServicesClubhouse, Public Transportation, Park, Playground, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Near Marta, Near Schools, Near Shopping
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Private
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Compass
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2016 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on January 23, 2021 5:30pm